I am so excited to share with you another recipe from my new crockpot cookbook, Cook Smarter, Not Harder. Like you, I know how hard it can be to find quick, easy, healthy recipes to feed to your family, especially a dinner that everyone will eat! Here is a sneak peek at another recipe from my book. This whole chicken recipe is so easy and delicious, even my kids eat this!
What you'll need:
- 1 whole chicken, washed and patted dry (appx 4-5lbs- you don't want much bigger than this or you will have a hard time fitting it in your crockpot with he veggies)
- 3 Tbsp All Purpose Seasoning (such as Lowry's)
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1.5 tsp sea salt
- 3 medium potatoes, chopped into large chunks
- 4-5 carrots, unpeeled and chopped into thirds
- 1 medium onion, chopped into large chunks
- 1-2 fresh rosemary sprigs
1. Spray the inside of your crockpot with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Set carrots and potatoes on the bottom of the crockpot. This will allow your chicken to lift off the bottom of the pot creating a "roasting" effect while it's cooking.
3. Sprinkle vegetables with appx 2 Tbsp of your seasonings mixture. Remove neck and giblets from your chicken
4. Take your hand and gently pull the skin of the chicken away from the breast meat, just enough to reach your hand between the skin and the meat while keeping the skin in tact.
5. Sprinkle appx 1 Tbps of the seasoning mixture in that area between the skin and the breast meat.
6. Sprinkle the remaining seasoning mixture over the outside of the bird. You may need to pull some of the veggies out from under your chicken so that the lid will fit snugly on the crockpot.
7. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
Cooking a whole chicken in the crockpot is so easy! Seriously, you will never buy another rotisserie chicken again!
If you want more recipes like this that are easy and healthy, click here for my new cookbook, Cook Smarter, Not Harder.
P.S To see more of my cookbooks or my most popular programs, click here!