This Sweet Potato and Sausage Breakfast Casserole is down right delicious. It also happens to be the perfect dish for breakfast, or dinner!
1 lb. turkey breakfast sausage
3 cups cubed sweet potatoes, peeled
1/2 small onion, diced
1 diced bell pepper
1 cup diced mushrooms
1 cup spinach
8 large eggs
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat oven to broil.
- In a skillet, brown the turkey sausage, breaking it up into chunks as it cooks. Remove from heat once cooked through.
- Meanwhile, place the cubed sweet potatoes on a greased cookie sheet, season with salt and pepper to taste. Place in oven on broil for 10 minutes. Stir the potatoes around and broil for another 5 minutes. Once done, remove from oven and lower temperature to 350.
- In a bowl whisk together the eggs, almond milk, and additional salt and pepper to taste.
- In a 13×9 baking dish spread the sweet potatoes as the bottom layer, top with cooked breakfast sausage, followed by the diced onion, peppers, mushrooms and spinach. Top with the whisked milk and egg mixture.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes, till cooked through and eggs no longer jiggle. Serve warm and enjoy!
10 grams fat
17 grams carbs
17 grams protein
From my kitchen to yours.
More healthy and delicious recipes the whole family will love, here.