This delicious, flavor packing meal, might be one on my favorite ways to cook chicken! It’s quick, easy, and makes the perfect freezer meal!
What you’ll need:
- 6-8 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Large 33 oz. Jar of Artichoke hearts with the juice
- 16 oz of Sun-Dried Tomatoes with the juice
1. Trim chicken of any extra fat or tendons. Add all three ingredients to the crockpot and cook for 3-4 hours on high or 5-6 hours on low. Shred chicken and enjoy!
2. Serve with roasted potatoes, whole wheat pasta, in a whole wheat pita, etc.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Take thawed chicken and cut off the excess fat. Rinse the chicken and set in a 9 x13 inch baking pan.
3. Once all pieces of chicken are in the pan get a large spoon and start scooping artichoke hearts out and pouring them over the chicken. Use as much as you’d like of the artichokes but don’t let all the juices go in there. You’ll want to mostly just baste/ cover the chickens with the juices so that’s why I said to use a spoon.
4. Then open sun-dried tomatoes and again start spooning them over the chicken and use about 1/2 of the large jar (or as much as you’d like) and again a bit of the juices. You’ll want about 2 cups worth of juice at the bottom between both of the jars so the chickens will be partially covered in the juices.
5. Cover the pan with foil and bake for about 30 minutes. Then reduce the temperature down to 325 degrees and you’ll need to cook for another 10+ minutes (You can remove the foil if you’d like so that the artichokes aren’t as slimy) or until the chicken is fully cooked (cut it in the middle and make sure it’s not pink in the middle).
Calories: 222 | Fat: 4g | Carbs: 36g | Protein: 28g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g