CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR CUSTOM CANVA TRAINING
Do you have your own business, online or otherwise? Maybe you feel like your products, content, branding, or marketing isn’t as good as it could be? Do you look at the design work for other businesses like yours and wonder how they make everything look so good? Did you know you can easily use a program to design your own content that looks fresh and original using Canva?
Maybe in the past you’ve tried other programs but they were hard to use, or maybe you aren’t confident in your tech skills, or maybe you don’t have the time…
… but you’d love an easy to follow program to use that makes designing for your business so much easier so you don’t have to hire outside help.
That’s why I started using Canva to build my business!
No, I am not an affiliate for Canva, I just love how much it helps entrepreneurs! I was sick of trying to find a good designer, and I knew I wanted something that was fast and easy to use to create my own branding, eBooks, social media posts, and more.
This led me to discovering Canva to build my business!
What Is Canva?
What is Canva anyway?
Canva is an easy to use design program that you can use to create your own logo, social media posts, eBook, slide show, newsletter, and many more graphics! I learned how to use Canva for my business so we didn’t have to use a contractor to create our graphics or products. That means people just like YOU can learn how to use Canva so you don’t have to hire outside help.
It’s a program made for anyone to use. Once you learn the ins and outs, you can create your very own graphics. Even if you aren’t techy and have never designed anything on your own before.
Here are some perks to using Canva for your business:
- Creativity. There’s something to be said for turning the idea in your head into something real. Learning this new skill is a great way to get your creative juices flowing.
- Turnaround. When you hire outside help for your graphic design needs, you may need to wait a period of time to get that blog header, Instagram post, or infographic. But by learning to do it yourself, your turnaround time is much faster.
- Cost. There’s a free and paid version of Canva, but even the paid version is cheaper than hiring outside help for every graphic you need.
By learning how to use this program, you can get creative, have a fast turnaround time for your content, and keep your costs low.
Canva has been a game changer for my business, and I’m not super techy and have never had an eye for graphic design.
I just had to learn how to use it!
How I Use Canva to Build My Business
I tried so many things before I started using Canva for my online business.
When I first started out, Canva was not a thing. I was hiring outside help to create logos and designers for my eBooks. My everyday graphics were basically non-existent.
I’ll tell you, my 1.0 versions of my website, eBooks, graphics, etc. were not great! At one point we hired contractors to create pins, but they didn’t really get our vision or our branding. The turnaround time was difficult. Communicating what we wanted was hard.
Now I have a designer on my team. But guess what she uses? Yupp, Canva!
We use Canva for ads, social media posts, eBooks, workbooks, challenges, slide shows, our membership site, all of our courses, blog posts, emails, pins, you name it!
It’s easy to use once you learn how, it’s cost effective, and it’s fun!
How To Use it For Your Business Success
The uses for Canva are seemingly endless, but here are some popular ways to use it for your business success
Ways to Use Canva to Increase Your Success:
- Create your product. Creating an eBook, course, challenge, membership site or any other digital product is WAY easier in Canva! You can make it look pretty and professional, add your own unique style, and include so many more bonuses and perks to help your customers. From graphs to workbooks to calendars and more!
- Talk to your audience. You can use Canva in all kinds of ways to talk to your audience. Create a pretty newsletter, an Instagram post that’s eye-catching, and an email header that fits your branding. Canva makes it easier to talk to your audience through visual means.
- Upgrade your content. Things like Pinterest Pins are more successful when they are pretty to look at. Infographics are incredibly helpful in terms of relating a concept to your customer. Creating graphics like these upgrades your content to better help your audience.
Creating a product, talking to your audience, and upgrading your content are just a few of the ways to use Canva to increase your business success. It’s really a matter of looking professional, and catching the eye of your prospective customer base.
CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR CUSTOM CANVA TRAINING
Three Common Misconceptions About Designing Your Own Content
I can’t tell you how many people come to me and say, “I feel so stuck trying to design my eBook. I just can’t do it.” Oh my gosh, if I can do it, anyone can!
But people tend to see the roadblocks before the open road.
Here are the three common misconceptions I hear most often about designing your own content using Canva:
- You need to be techy. I am not techy! Canva is a great program for the non-graphic designers out there. Adobe products? SO confusing for me! But Canva is truly for people like us who need something easy!
- You need to have an eye for design. Design isn’t my strongest attribute. It’s one of the reasons my graphic designer takes this on for me now! But Canva is so great at offering templates and designs that make this process easier.
- You need a lot of time. Once you get the hang of it, it really doesn’t take a lot of time. Especially for smaller projects. I mean, courses and eBooks take time to make regardless of your skill level or the program used. But Canva takes so much of the guesswork out of it!
There are probably 100 more misconceptions about designing your own content when starting a business, but those are the biggest ones I hear all the time!
I am not techy. I don’t have a strong eye for design. And I didn’t have a lot of time.
You’re not alone!
My Top Tips for Using Canva to Build Your Business
This program really has changed so much of online graphic design content creation. The products you can create, the people you can connect to, and the things you can learn are astounding.
I sometimes laugh about how many things I tried to create in MS Paint, or the money I spent hiring outside designers, or my struggles with creating pretty posts on Instagram. Things are so much easier with Canva.
My tips for those looking to use Canva to build their business are:
- Get a Training that Matches What You’ll Use it For. This is why we decided to create my Custom Canva Training taught by one of my Peak Business Academy Alumni! If you’re using Canva for business, don’t take a tutorial that helps teachers use Canva for their classroom. My training will help you with all the things you’ll really need it for!
- Use Templates. Not only does Canva offer a ton of great templates, I have created templates for you to use as well! These were created by my designer who lives and breathes Canva and has designed a whole host of things you’ll need from eBook pages, to pins, to lead magnets!
- Keep Working at It. Like with anything else, you’ll get better at it the more you do it! Don’t get hung up on being perfect. Done is better than perfect. Just keep working at it and you’ll find it easier to use… I promise!
I could probably write a thousand more tips for using Canva to build your business based on my own trials and failures. But these really are three of the biggest game changers for me and for those in my Peak Business Academy who have also used Canva extensively.
Just remember, there’s no reason you can’t learn something new like Canva. Just remember, I did it, thousands of others in my own Peak Business Academy have used it, and you can use it too!
Ready to Build Your Own Business With Canva?
Right now you may be feeling paralyzed just by the thought of jumping in blind.
How do I do this? Do I just click around until I figure it out?
You can do that!
OR, I can help!
CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR CUSTOM CANVA TRAINING!
My Custom Canva Training can be just the thing you need right now!
My Custom Canva Training was created for my Peak Business Academy members, by a Peak Business Academy member! It covers exactly what you need to know about Canva to use it for your business… And you don’t have to be a PBA member yourself!
We will teach you:
- General Tips
- Creating a Logo
- Making a brand kit
- Using a Template
- Product mockups
- Making social media posts
- Creating fillable PDFs
- Using features
- And more!
This is an introductory course designed to be a quick and easily digestible training for you as you start out.
You’ve got this!
All the best,
Click HERE to join our Custom Canva Training NOW!