Last night, I grilled turkey burgers on the George Foreman grill. I did a variation of Jamie Eason’s turkey burger recipe. We didn’t have zucchini at the house and I didn’t want to run to the store so I just added a bunch of spinach that I already had in my fridge to the ground turkey, spices, then I added 2 egg whites and some red pepper flakes to give the burgers a little bite to them — so good!!
- 2 lbs extra lean ground turkey (or you could use ground chicken or ground venison)
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp basil
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (you gauge how much to use depending on your heat tolerance)
- 2 egg whites
- 2-3 cups of fresh spinach
1. Thoroughly mix all ingredients together in a bowl with hands.
2. Shape into 4-ounce patties.
3. Cook on George Foreman grill for 4 minutes, flip burgers and cook for 4 minutes on the other side.
In this picture, I made these burgers small so each one was about three ounces so I did a double burger and ate it on a Food For Life brand Ezekiel bun with Heinz brand reduced-sugar ketchup and dijon mustard. Mmmm yum! I have a lot for leftovers too.
If you are craving a burger but trying to stick to your healthy meals, try these spinach turkey burgers! You will love them, I know I did. You can find more of my healthy recipes here!