If you like salt and vinegar chips you will love these! Just like salt and vinegar chips, you can’t stop at just one! This is a healthier version of salt and vinegar chips that will not leave you feeling guilty after eating a bunch! Get the recipe now and try them for yourself!
- Bag of pre-cut kale
- White distilled vinegar (you could also use apple cider vinegar with “the mother” in it, which would be healthier)
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. If you are not using pre-cut kale, be sure to cut it into a bunch of pieces, but not too small.
3. In a bowl, mix together one part water, one part white distilled vinegar. I used half a cup of each.
4. Set up by preparing a plate with folded up paper towels on it. You will also need to get a large cookie sheet and place foil on top of it.
5. “Bathe” the kale in the vinegar mixture one handful at a time until it is all completely covered with vinegar.
6. As you pull the kale out of the vinegar bath, set it on the paper towel and gently pat the vinegar off, without completely taking it off! Simply pat away excess liquid, this will make the kale soggy as you bake it. We want it crunchy! **Note, I didn’t pat the liquid off in this pic which is why there is so much liquid on the tray — lesson learned**
7. Transfer the kale to the cookie sheet that is lined with foil. Once the cookie sheet is full, sprinkle the kale with sea salt.
8. Put the sheet in the oven and bake until the edges of the kale are brown and crispy. I cooked mine for about 12 minutes and it was good.
These are really really good and I had this whole tray gone in about three minutes! If you don’t like salt and vinegar chips, you can still make these just lightly mist with olive oil instead of doing the vinegar bath! If you have been looking for a healthy and delicious snack, this could be the perfect one! Try this recipe and let me know what you think. I hope you love them as much as I did!