For some reason I was really craving cereal this morning! So, post workout, I tried this concoction and loved it! This is a simple, “homemade” cereal that I made with ingredients I had in my home. While it may not truly be cereal, I thought it was delicious and something different!
- Three rice cakes (4 for male serving size)
- ¼ cup of frozen blueberries
- One scoop of whey protein (I use MRM brand Rich Vanilla flavor)
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1. Break the rice cakes into pieces and add them to a bowl.
2. Add the blueberries.
3. Make a protein shake with one scoop of whey protein and a cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk.
4. Pour the protein shake over the “cereal”.
This was a weird way to indulge in a cereal craving but I loved it! It still had sort of a protein shake taste, but was really good!
It is a little high in carbs (about 60g carbs, 25g protein) but I ate it in the morning and post-workout (leg day) so my body will use the carbs throughout the day. Protein is what repairs muscles but carbs are what grow your muscles. Without the proper amount of carbohydrates in your diet, you won’t see the muscle tone and definition you want! I try to keep my daily macros somewhere between 40/40/20 and 35/45/20 (protein/carbs/fat percentages).
If you are ever craving cereal, give this a try, or create your own cereal! If you make up your own cereal recipe, let me know! I love hearing new and funky recipes like this one.