I am so excited to share with you another recipe from my new cookbook, Cook Smarter, Not Harder. With all this cold winter weather, it has me dreaming of spring, warmer days, and strawberries! This is a delicious breakfast packed with protein that keeps me full until lunch!
What You’ll Need:
– 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
– 1/2 banana, sliced
– 10 strawberries, sliced
– 3/4 cup old fashioned oats, dry (or gluten-free rolled oats)
– 1/2 scoop vanilla whey protein
– 1 tablespoon sugar-free cheesecake pudding pix
1. Mash up the strawberries and the banana together in a bowl (you don’t taste the banana much, it is more for texture).
2. In a separate bowl mix the almond milk, pudding mix (or substitute) and protein together
3. Combined it with the berry mixture and then add in all of the other ingredients. Stir all the ingredients together well.
4. Place the oats in a container ( I use mason jars) to sit overnight in the fridge and soak up all the liquids
5. Heat it for 20-30 seconds in the microwave in the morning (upon serving) or eat it cold.
Optional: Top with your favorite nuts or seeds and/or top with additional berries of your choice!
I often have a high carb breakfast like this on a day that I am doing a hard workout. This yummy refreshing breakfast is quick, easy, and even my kids love to eat it!
P.S To see more of my cookbooks or my most popular programs, click here!