I make this “pumpkin pie” cottage cheese, it’s super simple to make and tastes so yummy, like a pumpkin pie!
- 1% or 2% cottages cheese (I like Lactaid brand because it is easier on my stomach but it can be hard to find)
- A spoonful of raw pumpkin (make sure the canned raw pumpkin you buy doesn’t have sugar added to it)
- Dash of almond milk
- 1/2 a scoop B2B vanilla protein powder
- A tiny bit of Stevia
*NOTE* most fat-free cottage cheeses have sugar added to them, so I prefer to do 1% or 2% cottage cheese because it is lower in sugar.
1. Mix one serving of 1% or 2% cottage cheese with one spoonful of raw pumpkin.
2. Add cinnamon, a small dash of almond milk, 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder, and just a tiny bit of Stevia.
3. Mix it all together and enjoy!
It may not pretty, I know, but it is so good! Tastes like pumpkin pie!
There are many different ways to make your cottage cheese a yummy snack! Other variations could include adding in a small spoonful of cocoa powder and stevia, a spoonful of sugar-free jelly, applesauce with cinnamon and stevia, etc. One great way to eat cottage cheese is with 1/2 scoop of chocolate protein powder, a dash of almond milk, and a bunch of cinnamon (I like a lot, but just eyeball it). Sort of has a “Mexican Mocha” taste!
If you try this “pumpkin pie” cottage cheese recipe, let me know! You can try some of my other recipes by checking out my “Cook Smarter, Not Harder” cookbook.