Do you have the feeling inside you like you were meant for more? Do you feel like you have more to offer the world than what you’re doing? Do you long for finding passion in your work? Do you want to help people with your own unique talents and knowledge?
Maybe you to make money from home without selling someone else’s products. Maybe you would love to sell something but can’t store items, deliver them, or ship them each week.
I’ve felt each and every one of these things, and it’s why I started creating digital products.
Maybe you’ve been interested in online business or digital products but have no idea how to even start on that journey. Or you aren’t techy. Or you have no idea what you’d even sell…
Maybe you’ve experienced failure and criticism in the past and you are afraid to try something new and put yourself out there.
You are not alone!
All I knew was that I was meant for more. I wanted to help people, and I wanted to empower myself in my career. I knew I had something inside me. I just didn’t know how to find it yet.
This led me to create my own dazzling digital products that have helped me create a wildly successful online business!
What is a Digital Product?
What is a digital product anyway?
A digital product is a product that exists in digital form instead of a physical form. Think eBooks, podcasts, webinars, an online course, an online challenge, or membership sites. They can even be downloadable goods like audio files, digital art, cards, sewing patterns, or stationary.
I’m not so creative, so I stick to the eBooks, courses, webinars, challenges, and membership sites! But each one would qualify as a digital product.
Here are some perks to creating an online product:
- Cost. Digital products are created once. (Though you may update them continually). You don’t have to print anything or ship it or create a physical form. The overhead cost is so low with digital products!
- Access. More people can access a digital product because it’s available online any time! No worries about places you can’t afford to ship to, no business hours, and more people you can help with your product.
- Freedom. Your product is already created, so you just have to automate the delivery via email, and you’re done! That means more freedom for you.
Not all digital products are created equal. Some do require more cost or more continual updates. But they really are more cost effective, provide a bigger umbrella of access, and give you more freedom than the average physical product. Manufacturing costs with a physical book or item is high, and having to store items or hire a shipping facility is costly and difficult to manage.
Not only that, but digital is the way of the future! It’s a booming industry with more and more companies offering digital products, downloads, and options.
That’s why I love them so much!
How I Created My Digital Products
I have a handful of all different kinds of digital products I’ve created!
- My eBooks
- My Our Womanhood Membership site
- My paid 21-Day Challenge
- My free 5-Day Challenge
- My Pulling Back the Curtain Podcast
- My free webinar
- My Peak Business Academy Course
My very first digital product was an eBook called Abs, Core, & Pelvic Floor. I wrote it with a friend of mine, Dr. Monique Middlekauff, teaching exercises that can help with ab separation and pelvic floor issues after giving birth. I wrote it because I saw a need for it! I had experienced it, and I knew I could help others. Plus I knew I could relate to my audience with my own story surrounding ab separation and pelvic floor weakness after having two 10-pound babies.
This eBook TOOK OFF and made my business what it is today! My other digital products were created with a mixture of wanting to provide help for what my audience was asking for, and by following my own passions. My niche was in fitness and health, and now I focus more on business coaching and mindset. Creating your digital product is all about diving deep into what you love, what you’re good at, and how you can help others.
I wasn’t an expert in all of these fields, I’m still not very techy, and I started off with no audience at all! But I was able to learn how to create products, get them online, and to find people to buy them.
How to Create Your Own
I have a handful of products, but you don’t need this many right now! All you need is one.
Here’s what you need:
- Find your superpower: For me, it’s connecting to others. I’m good at being real and vulnerable. I can emote, and I truly love being able to connect with other people. Yours might be writing, teaching, helping people, self preservation, strength, humor, organization, etc. This superpower can help you find where your true passions are!
- Narrow down your niche: My superpower is connection, but my niches have been health, fitness, mindset, and business coaching. Your niche can be gardening, crafting, self help, healthy eating, party planning, connecting with kids, etc. The options are endless!
- Decide on a type of product: This is where you decide on which kind of digital product is right for you. You may decide on an eBook, membership site, challenge, etc. If you love writing, an eBook is great. If you do best on video, membership sites might be best for you. If you enjoy social media, a challenge may work best. Or you can start with one now and try all of them later!
In my Free 5-Day Challenge, we really get into how to find your superpower and your niche as well as finding the product that’s right for you. Making these decisions will really help you when deciding to create your own product.
Three Common Misconceptions
I’ve truly heard it all. People tell me they don’t have the time. They don’t have a good idea. They tell me they aren’t special, or they aren’t an expert in anything. They tell me they don’t get technology. They tell me they don’t have any followers on social media, or they don’t know who would buy from them.
They tell me they can’t do it, or they are afraid to fail, or they don’t have it in them. There are so many misconceptions when it comes to creating your own product. But just know if I can do it, anyone can!
Here are three common misconceptions I hear about digital products:
- You need to be an expert. I am not a doctor, a chef, or the best personal trainer. I don’t have a degree in business or internet marketing. I was a history major! But I was one step ahead of the others. You don’t have to be an expert in something to help others with it. All you have to do is be one step ahead of someone else.
- You need to know technology. I am SO not techy! I’m literally still learning technology and mess up with it all the time! The things I teach are as simple as they can be for a beginner. It’s all about learning the systems and tips from others who have done it before.
- You need a big following. You don’t. I have a secret system (which I teach in my 5-Day Challenge) for getting your product into the hands of a bigger audience. But you don’t have to start out as some big influencer! I for sure didn’t!
There are so many more I hear, but these are the big ones. The truth is that everyone thinks they can’t do something great in the beginning. But you have to take the risk and try to find out. You have to be willing to be not-so-great at first in order to get better. You have to be willing to put yourself out there.
My Top Tips
Creating your own dazzling digital product is just the beginning! I can’t explain how fulfilling it is to put yourself into something instead of selling someone else’s product. And while there’s a lot of work upfront in creating it, it exists forever after that! No printing or creating or manufacturing.
The first digital product I ever used was a workout program I purchased for 40-sum dollars. I was in a Facebook group with others doing this same program. The group had like a thousand people in it! I did the math… $40,000 dollars on one workout program this woman wrote who knows how long ago! This is the power of a digital product.
My top tips for creating your own digital products are:
- Learn how to use your story. People can easily buy any cookbook out there, but my cookbook is one of my top selling eBooks. Why? The story behind it. MY story that so many other moms out there can relate to. When creating your product, think about your story. Why you wanted to create this product so that your buyers can relate to you.
- Ask others to help you. If you’re having trouble coming up with your superpower or niche, ask your loved ones what you’re good at. If you need help editing your eBook, ask a girlfriend to read over it for you. If you can’t figure out how to come up with a product, take a course (like my free 5-Day Challenge). Don’t underestimate how helpful others can be in this journey.
- Work on your mindset. In my experience, things like impostor syndrome and perfectionism can be just as hard to navigate as the nitty gritty details in creating a digital product. Don’t forget to work on your mindset in the process! Remember that you’re worthy of this. You have it in you. You were meant for more, and this can be your path in finding that for yourself.
While this has a bit to do with my last tip, to work on your mindset, I think it’s important to discuss feeling overwhelmed. Feeling overwhelmed has stopped me from SO MANY goals. Do me a favor, okay? Just focus on one thing right now. Don’t get yourself lost in the weeds thinking about all the things down the road. One step at a time! And when you feel overwhelmed, repeat that to yourself!
These tips can really help when you decide to create your own digital product. Just remember to use your own story within your product. Remember that it’s okay to ask for help. And, don’t forget about the mindset workout it takes to do something this brave. You got this!
Ready to Create Your Own Dazzling Digital Product?
Right now you may be feeling paralyzed just by the thought of doing this…
What is the first step?? What are the exact steps you need to take?
I get that!
Maybe you’ve started, you’ve taken the steps, you have the idea! You just want some guidance.
My FREE 5-Day Discover Your Digital Product Challenge can be just the thing you need right now!
This mind-shifting challenge is all about teaching you how to create your own dazzling digital product using all of the things I just told you about!
Here’s what you’ll learn:
Day 1: All of the possibilities in the digital product world
Day 2: Narrowing down your own personal niche
Day 3: How to use your story to connect with people
Day 4: Deciding which product to create and how to get traffic to that product
Day 5: The tools you need to move forward
YES, I’ll say it again, this challenge is absolutely FREE!
I will show you how I did this, and how you can do it too!
I believe in you, and I want to share with you everything I wish I’d known so that you can make a real impact in your life and the lives of the people you share your story with.
You got this!
All the best,
Natalie Hodson ????
Click HERE to sign up for my FREE 5-Day “Discover Your Digital Product” Challenge today to learn how to create your own digital product! It’s absolutely free, and it starts SOON!