-3 chicken breasts, trimmed and cut into slices
-2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
-1/4 cups lemon juice
-4 garlic cloves, chopped
-1 onion, chopped
-1 container of sliced mushrooms
-1 can of low-sodium diced tomatoes
-1 bunch of asparagus, chopped
-garlic powder and black pepper to taste
1. In a pot add the oil and lemon juice on medium heat.
2. Add the garlic and onions and allow them to simmer until the onions are translucent.
3. Sprinkle the chicken with garlic powder and black pepper then put in the pan. Cook about 5 minutes each side.
4. When the chicken is almost done, throw in the mushrooms, tomatoes, and asparagus for another 3-4 minutes.
5. Serve with brown rice or sweet potato on the side!
If you try it let me know what you think! I like this recipe because I usually have all the ingredients on hand and if I am stuck without anything to make, I can pretty easily turn to this one. This is a simple recipe and a healthy choice. You can find more healthy recipes in my cookbook! I would love to know which recipes are your favorite, so feel free to let me know!