This is one of my favorite dinners to make! I usually make a whole bunch so that I can easily eat them throughout the week. It can be a fun recipe for BBQs, fun family dinners, or just a healthy recipe to meal prep with!
Get the recipe and try it for yourself! I hope you love it as much as I do. Try this recipe the next time you are looking for something easy and delicious.
- 5 lbs chicken breasts
- 3 bell peppers (2 yellow, 1 orange)
- 3 yellow squash
- 2 large red onions
- About 10 baby portabella mushrooms.
Chicken marinade ingredients:
- Dijon mustard
- Balsamic vinaigrette
You could use any kind of vegetables, these are just the ones I happened to have in my fridge. Mix it up to make this recipe different every time you try it! But, whatever veggies you have on hand should work perfectly!
The only thing that makes this recipe a little different is that I prepare the chicken the night before. It is easy, but it means you have to prepare a day early! I cut the chicken into cubes the day before and marinate it in a homemade sauce. If you decide to do it like this, follow the directions below!
1. In a bowl, mix Dijon mustard, balsamic vinaigrette, and a little bit of Stevia together. I mixed and added until I thought it tasted good.
2. Use a bowl or a casserole pan with a lid to add the chicken and marinade together. You could even use a ziplock bag, just make sure you zip it tightly shut and it is not dripping out.
3. Put the marinating chicken in the fridge overnight.
4. Soak the skewers in water at least 10 minutes before you put the kabobs on the grill.
5. Dice up the veggies.
6. Add the veggies and chicken to the soaked skewers.
7. As you grill them, you will want to constantly flip them. If you leave them for too long, they will burn easily.
Once they are done grilling, you can enjoy these delicious kabobs! Save some as leftovers for a quick and easy lunch. You can make a lot at the same time so that you can enjoy these kabobs all week!
If you guys get a chance you should make these!! They turned out sooo good!! This is a really easy, quick meal to eat throughout the week with all the extras it makes.
To save room in your fridge, you could even push everything off the skewers and just put it in a big bowl or a few Tupperware containers and you would be all ready to grab and go for your meals later! I usually like to eat mine in a bowl with rice or quinoa.
If you do try this recipe, let me know what you think! I hope you enjoy these kabobs as much as I do. They are a simple way to meal prep for the rest of the week, perfect for those weeks that are going to be way too busy to make dinner every night! You can find more of my recipes here!