If you are a fan of fish, this flounder recipe is definitely one you should try! This is delicious and can be made with a variety of sides. Fish is a delicious and healthy choice and can provide you with many different nutrients, which makes fish an even better choice.
This delightfully spicy flounder recipe is simple. It is perfect for those nights when you don’t want to cook but know you should. It is quick, simple, healthy, and something you will want to try again and again! Get the recipe below.
- 4 oz wild flounder fillets (I get mine frozen at Costco)
- Lime juice
- Chili powder
- Black pepper
Side dish ingredients:
- Red pepper
- Brown rice
I added veggies and brown rice as my side dish, but it is easy to switch it up and add your own favorite side dishes!
1. In a pan, add lime juice and turn the stove on to medium heat.
2. Add flounder to the pan.
3. Sprinkle the flounder with the oregano, chili powder, and black pepper to taste. Make sure the flounder is cooked and remove it from the pan.
Directions for side dish:
1. Chop the veggies into smaller pieces. You can choose how big they are, whether you want them bite-sized or just sliced.
2. As the flounder is cooking, throw the veggies into the pan and cook with the fish for the last few minutes.
3. You can season the veggies with more of the seasonings if you wish to.
4. Cook the rice as the veggies and fish finish cooking.
Once the rice, fish, and veggies are done, add them to a plate and enjoy! This is a delicious meal that is super simple! You can use different side dishes to make this meal your own! It is such a simple dinner to make and you will love it! It is tasty, spicy, and healthy.
If you try this recipe, please let me know how you like it! I love hearing your feedback. You can find more healthy recipes in my “Cook Smarter, Not Harder” cookbook!