This is such a healthy that makes your chicken "melt-in-your-mouth" moist and bursting with flavor! Everything is made all in one pan so there is very minimal cleanup. This would be a great dish to serve if you were having company. This recipe makes appx 8 servings, so you could cut the servings in half to make a smaller amount.
Ingredients (makes appx 8 servings)
- 4 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast (trimmed of any extra tendons or fat) and cut into thirds
- 4 fresh artichoke hearts (halved) or 2 cups of canned artichoke hearts
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 lb baby portabella mushrooms, halved or quartered
- 4 Tbsp horseradish mustard or brown mustard
- 6-8 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
Line a large glass casserole pan with aluminum foil. Cut the chicken breast into thirds (to allow for more even cooking). Evenly distribute all the chicken breast chunks over the foil. Next, evenly distribute the artichoke hearts, onions, and mushrooms. Sprinkle to taste with pepper and sea salt.
In a small bowl mix together the mustard, garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, white wine, basil, thyme, and rosemary. Pour the liquid over the chicken/artichoke/onions. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 75 minutes. Serve with brown rice or rosemary sweet potatoes.